- Business Stewardship
- Essentials of Business
- Creating Wealth and Managing Finances
- Business Leadership – make leader / people successful.
- Building a Healthy Organization – help one’s other succeed.
It is easier to manage a business if you understand its purpose. This module will explain the “purpose of business” so that you can steward it properly, thus ensuring its profitability. This seminar is not for entrepreneurs only, because we believe everyone is in business – even those who think they are mere employees. This is a two-part seminar.
- RESPONSIBILITIES OF LEADERS. (1.5 hours) A leader is a steward of his people. Because of this, he needs to understand that his success depends on the success of every individual under his care. It is, therefore, important for a leader to know how to help his people succeed, because when they succeed, his people will make him succeed in return.
- CHARACTER OF THE LEADER. (1.5 hours) Leadership is about bringing people from where they are to where God wants them to be, which is to become fruitful in every part of their lives. But in order to become effective, the leader must learn how to influence people by his character and values. This module will explain the important qualities a leader should develop and nurture so that he can bring out the best from others.
CREATING WEALTH & MANAGING FINANCES
Many believe that “Money begets Money.” We disagree! Because money is a passive object, it needs a person with strong values and good “abilities” to grow it. This module will first teach you how to create wealth and then manage the finances of your business. This is a two-part seminar.
- CREATING WEALTH (1.5 hours). Most people believe that the key to the success of a business is the money you need, to start and sustain it. This is not what Deuteronomy 8:18 said! It tells us that the most important factor in creating wealth, is developing the power, or ability, to produce it. Using the plant as a model, we will show that in order to create wealth a person must remember five things: (1) Start With What You Have, (2) “Work!” Creates Wealth, (3) “Savings” Is Essential, (4) Continually Build Up Old Abilities and (5) Like Fruits, Profit comes ONLY in the “Proper Season.”
- MANAGING FINANCES (1.5 hours). Life and businesses goes on a cycle of “boom and bust” or of “abundance and famine.” Because of this, a business must learn to survive calamities so that it can take advantage of the opportunities that will come its way. It can do this by (1) Ensuring Continuous Flow of Funds, (2) Protecting Working Capital and (3) Eliminating Leakages. The principles we teach here can also be applied in managing your personal finances.
BUILDING A HEALTHY ORGANIZATION
Fruits are natural by-product of a healthy plant and “profit” is a natural by-product of a healthy business. While sales and marketing can bring in the revenue, it is the health of the organization that decides how profitable it will become. But what is “healthy organization”? It is one where people considers others as more important than themselves. They know that their individual success depend on the success of the business as a whole. This seminar has two parts.
- DESIGN OF A HEALTHY ORGANIZATION (1.5 hours). The plant is a good model to understand how an organization should conduct itself. A plant makes sure every part of its body is healthy so that it can produce food at its maximum capacity. When one part is sick, it diverts its energy to heal that part because if that part does not get well it will severely affect its ability to produce fruits. It is important for an organization to understand how to do this because Genesis 11:6 says, “to a people who are one, nothing is impossible for them.”
- MAKING THE ORGANIZATION STRONG (1.5 hours). Problems will always be present in a business. When they come, they often lead to conflicts among its members and division within the body. But an organization can convert any problem to an opportunity for growth, if everyone will respond properly. On the other hand, conflicts can make an organization stronger if its people will learn how to complement each other, and not compete with one another. This session hopes to explain how a business organization can take advantage of the opportunities that come from problems and conflicts.